"Home is the nicest place there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder




Saturday, November 26, 2011

MY GRANDADDY


My grandaddy and me
me (age 5)

I loved my grandaddy very much and I believe he loved me as well. It didn't seem to matter to him that I was adopted, as so many of my other relatives. He had two children of his own, a son, my dad, and a daughter. He had 3 grandchildren that were his flesh and blood and me. I came into his life when I was about 2yrs old. I
can't sit here and tell you exactly why all this came about except to say that it was the hand of God in my life. My birth parents had 8 children. The four younger ones were adopted out, 3 went to one family and I was adopted by another family. Why?
I don't know. Unsettled questions? Always! Of course this isn't the best for a child's self-esteem. My grandaddy was kind, gentle, loving, perfect! I saw no fault, even when I grew to those awful teen years. Life's lessons are hard sometimes. I became so wrapped up in my own life I didn't pay a lot of attention to him, but he still loved me and still gave me my weekly dollar bill when i saw him.(this he had done since I was a little girl) When I married at age 18 he increased it to two dollars. He didn't get the opportunity to do this very much though because he only lived 6 months after my marriage. He would have loved my 3 sons, and my 3 grandchildren. Would he have been proud of me? I would like to think so. He has been my example. Being a grandmama. I always make sure my grands know that I love them with all my heart.
Till I see you again grandaddy. I love you and still miss you! Miss Bet


1 comment:

  1. Awww...That is so sweet.It brings a tears to the eyes of my heart.

    ReplyDelete